“Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.”
Imagine starting your day–every day–with unbridled enthusiasm; ready to take on the day with a smile on your face and a spring in your step. You can. And, it’s easier than one might think.
Some of the most successful people in the world have mastered control of their mornings and have found how you start the day in many cases determines how your day goes. Consider for a moment a time when you woke up and had something negative or bad happen early in the morning, perhaps on your way to work–let me guess, it ruined your whole day?
On the other hand, what about a time when your morning started on a positive note–the exact opposite tends to happen. Everything seems to go your way that day.
The key is you control your morning. You control how the day starts and therefore how the day goes.
Winners do that. Daily.
Here are 6 ways successful people start their day and how you do the same starting today.
1) They don’t hate their alarm clock: The alarm is set the night before; you decided what time you were going to get up then. The alarm clock is just doing it’s job. If the first thought in the morning is one of “I hate that thing”, you’re beginning your day on a terribly negative note. Start looking at your alarm clock as a welcome sound. A sound that you have an entire day ahead of you to make an impact on your life and the lives of others. Begin the day with a smile. It will change your entire outlook.
2) Successful people don’t rush in the morning: If you need to leave your house at 6:30 to be at work, don’t wake up at 6:20. Beginning the day in a panicked rush is just asking for trouble. Personally, I wake up a solid two hours before I need to leave or do anything. I give myself my own quiet time, time to get woke up and enjoy the morning.
3) They read positive material in the morning: Whether it’s on your iPad, computer, a book or your Bible. Take a few moments and read good, positive, motivational material in the morning. Your brain is very open and susceptible at this time. Use it wisely.
4) They avoid bad news in the morning: I know people who purposefully don’t turn their television on in the morning because the last thing they want to do is start the day hearing about murder and mayhem. Be mindful of what you’re exposed to in the morning. It matters. A lot.
5. Successful people are prepared in the morning: They lay out materials, clothes or whatever is needed for their day the night before. If you have a plane to catch or are leaving on a trip, get everything together the night before. Check and double check everything so it’s not even a concern in the morning. It’s much more enjoyable to just grab it and go when its time.
6. Eat a good breakfast: I know I sound like a commercial for kids. But, it’s true. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I had a personal trainer tell me once it is important to eat within 20 minutes of waking up. Basically, it is telling your body “I’m up, start the metabolism”. It’s like starting your car–getting it warmed up.
There you have it: 6 Ways Successful People Start Their Day.
I’m sure there are others, tips and ideas you have. Share them in the comments below.